This position is responsible for all tasks relating to the operation of our PVC Extruder. Extruder Operators are required to follow written and verbal instruction to complete manufacturing orders.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Extrusion of materials within specification per written manufacturing order
- Maintaining all documentation related to the extrusion runs, including: defect logs, environmental details, and quality control information
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels of all items needed for the completion of the assigned tasks, including flagging items for re-order
- Performing quality inspections and approvals for all production departments
- Assisting in the training, evaluation, and development of assigned staff
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Following all material handling practices to ensure non-contamination of product; ensuring these practices are followed by all direct reports
- Performing audits for part quality, labeling, and packaging then implementing corrective actions as needed
- Providing final quality control check on finished product
- Coordinating finishing tasks with other departments as needed
- Responsible for departmental cleaning and maintaining equipment and work area.
- Ensuring all direct reports follow company policies including: attendance, quality, productivity, inventory control, and safety
- Performing accurate production reporting and scrap reconciliation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job.
- Basic knowledge of BLT products: color, pattern, size, and thickness
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Basic understanding of English: reading and writing skills to allow for accurate completion of work orders and job-related documentation
- Intermediate to advanced math skills: quantities, dimensions, multiplication, division, ratios, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to follow written and verbal job instructions
- Good attendance
- Excellent performance and team working skills
- Monitoring safety conditions to continually improve upon them
- Computer Skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Years of experience: 1 to 2 years in a custom print environment preferred
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
This job posting is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job, however, it may not be all inclusive.